Pregnancy and childbirth can lead to significant changes in a woman's vagina, such as loss of elasticity and strength in the vaginal muscles. These changes and the effects of aging can make it challenging to regain the youthful appearance and feel of the vagina. Dr. Santosh Bhatia offers a solution called Vaginal Rejuvenation to help women restore the shape and feel of their intimate parts.
What is Vaginal Rejuvenation
Vaginal rejuvenation surgery improves the appearance and function of the vagina. It includes Labiaplasty (surgery to reshape the labia), Vaginoplasty (surgery to tighten the vagina), and other procedures to improve the elasticity and lubrication of the vagina.
Types of Procedure involved in Vaginal Rejuvenation
There are several different types of Vaginal Rejuvenation Surgery, including
This surgery aims to tighten the walls of the vagina. The surgeon will mark the area to be treated and tighten the underlying tissue with sutures. The vaginal canal is then tightened, and the skin is closed with sutures. Vaginoplasty may also be combined with laser treatment for additional benefits.
This procedure involves shaping the outer lips of the vagina, also known as the labia. The surgeon will mark the area to be treated and use a laser to remove excess skin. Stitches or staples may be used to close the incision and align the edges of the labia. Absorbable sutures are then used to close the incision.
This treatment uses electromagnetic waves on the exterior of the vagina. The device heats the upper layers of tissue, resulting in tightening and slight shrinkage.
Surgery to repair the hymen, the thin membrane that partially covers the opening to the vagina.
To improve the elasticity and lubrication of the vagina.
Clitoral hood reduction
Surgery to reduce the size of the skin surrounding the clitoris.
Who can go for a Vaginal Rejuvenation Surgery
Vaginal Rejuvenation Surgery is a term used to describe various procedures designed to improve the appearance, function, or feeling of the vagina. These procedures are typically elective and are not medically necessary. Women may consider these, who are unhappy with the appearance or function of their vagina or who have experienced changes in the vagina due to aging, childbirth, or other factors.
If you are considering Vaginal Rejuvenation Surgery in Dehradun, discuss your goals and concerns with Dr. Rakesh Tawar to determine if the procedure is appropriate.
Precautions Before Vaginal Rejuvenation Surgery
Before undergoing a vaginal rejuvenation surgery procedure, consider the following precautions:
- Make sure you understand the procedure and what it entails and research the qualifications and experience of the surgeon performing the surgery.
- Talk to your doctor about your concerns and the potential risks and benefits of the procedure. Your doctor can help you decide if the procedure is right for you.
- Consider the potential risks: Vaginal Rejuvenation Surgery carries some risks, including infection, bleeding, and scarring. Make sure you understand the potential risks and how to manage them.
- Vaginal Rejuvenation Surgery may require a period of recovery, so plan and arrange for help with childcare and household chores.
Vaginal Rejuvenation Procedure Step by Step
Vaginal rejuvenation includes several techniques, and the specific steps may vary depending on the procedure. In general, however, the steps involved in a vaginal rejuvenation procedure may consist of the following:
A surgeon may perform the procedure under local anesthesia to numb the treated area or put the patient to sleep under general anesthesia.
The surgeon will make an incision in the vagina or labia to access the underlying tissue.
Depending on the specific procedure, the surgeon may remove excess skin or tissue from the vagina or labia.
To tighten the vaginal muscles, the surgeon may use sutures to lift and support the vaginal tissue.
Closing the incision
The surgeon will close the incision with sutures or skin adhesive.
After the procedure, you will be taken to a recovery room where you can rest and recover. You may experience swelling, bruising, and discomfort, but these symptoms should resolve within a few days.
It is important to follow your surgeon’s instructions for care after the procedure to help ensure a smooth recovery.
Recovery after Vaginal rejuvenation
Recovery after vaginal rejuvenation surgery typically takes a few days to a week. During this time, you can expect to experience some swelling, bruising, and discomfort, which can be managed with pain medication prescribed by your surgeon. You should also expect to take it easy for the first few days after the procedure, as strenuous activity can increase the risk of complications.
Your surgeon will provide specific instructions for care after the procedure, which may include the following:
- Avoiding sexual activity for a period of time
- Avoiding strenuous exercise and heavy lifting
- Wearing loose, comfortable clothing
- Using ice packs to reduce swelling
- Using a lubricant to help with discomfort during urination
You should contact your surgeon immediately if you have any concerns or experience unusual symptoms, such as fever or excessive bleeding.
Side effects of vaginal rejuvenation
Vaginal rejuvenation surgery is a cosmetic procedure designed to improve the appearance and function of the vagina. Like any surgical procedure, it carries some risks and potential side effects. Some common side effects of vaginal rejuvenation surgery may include the following:
- Swelling: Swelling is a common side effect of vaginal rejuvenation surgery and may last for a few days to a week.
- Bruising: Bruising is also a common side effect and should resolve within a few days to a week.
- Discomfort: You may experience discomfort after the procedure, which can be managed with pain medication prescribed by your surgeon.
- Infection: There is a risk of infection after any surgical procedure. Symptoms of infection may include fever, redness, swelling, and discharge.
- Bleeding: Vaginal rejuvenation surgery may cause bleeding, which should resolve on its own. You should contact your surgeon if the bleeding is excessive or does not stop.
- Scarring: You may experience scarring after the procedure, although the incisions are typically small and well-hidden.
- Changes in sensitivity: Some women may experience changes in sensitivity after the procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Vaginal Rejuvenation is a cosmetic procedure designed to improve the appearance and function of the vagina. It can be performed for various reasons, including tightening the vaginal muscles, improving sexual satisfaction, and reducing stress urinary incontinence.
What are the different types of Vaginal Rejuvenation procedures?
There are several different types of Vaginal Rejuvenation procedures, including:
- Vaginal tightening: This procedure involves tightening the vaginal muscles to improve sexual satisfaction and reduce stress urinary incontinence.
- Labiaplasty: This procedure involves reshaping the labia to improve the appearance of the vaginal area.
- Clitoral hood reduction: This procedure involves reducing the size of the clitoral hood to improve the appearance of the vaginal area.
- G-spot amplification: This procedure involves injecting a substance into the G-spot to increase sensitivity.
Is Vaginal Rejuvenation safe?
Vaginal Rejuvenation is generally safe when performed by a qualified and experienced surgeon. However, as with any surgical procedure, it carries some risks, including infection, bleeding, and scarring. Discuss the potential risks and benefits of the process with your surgeon before deciding to undergo the procedure.
How long does the procedure take?
The length of the procedure will depend on the specific procedure being performed. Some Vaginal Rejuvenation procedures can be completed in as little as 30 minutes, while others may take hours.
What is the recovery time for Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Recovery time after Vaginal Rejuvenation surgery typically takes a few days to a week. During this time, you can expect to experience some swelling, bruising, and discomfort, which can be managed with pain medication prescribed by your surgeon. You should also expect to take it easy for the first few days after the procedure, as strenuous activity can increase the risk of complications.
Is Vaginal Rejuvenation painful?
Most women experience some discomfort after Vaginal Rejuvenation surgery, but this can typically be managed with pain medication prescribed by your surgeon. The degree of discomfort you experience may depend on the specific procedure being performed and your individual pain tolerance.
Can I have sex after Vaginal Rejuvenation?
It is typically recommended to wait at least four to six weeks after Vaginal Rejuvenation surgery before having sex. Your surgeon will provide specific instructions for when it is safe to resume sexual activity.
Will Vaginal Rejuvenation improve my sex life?
Some women report an improvement in their sex lives after undergoing Vaginal Rejuvenation surgery. However, the procedure is not a guarantee of improved sexual satisfaction, and it is important to have realistic expectations.
Does insurance cover Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Vaginal Rejuvenation is generally considered a cosmetic procedure and is not typically covered by insurance.
How much does Vaginal Rejuvenation cost?
The cost of Vaginal Rejuvenation varies depending on the specific procedure being performed, the practice's location, and the surgeon's experience. It would help if you discussed the cost of the process with your surgeon before deciding to undergo treatment.